Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July healthy treats

Are you looking for some cute, healthy, quick and easy treats for the July 4th holiday? Well check these ideas out.

Flag Fruit Skewers




 We made a flag out of blueberries, strawberries and bananas. This has been going around the internet for a while, super cute and easy. I had some little helpers who did quite a bit of the work. They sliced the strawberries and bananas for me and even helped put them on the skewers. Tasty, patriotic and healthy!

Star Skewers


The next idea is also super easy and looks totally cute. I remembered that I had some American Flag ribbon so I wrapped it around an empty jar and put a little hot glue to hold it. Then we started cutting 2 sizes of stars out of watermelon slices. Again, kids LOVE helping with this and it was so simple yet delish! Simple cookie cutters work wonderfully here and then you just angle the stars a bit, each one a little offset of the previous and viola! Cute treat ready for any party or gathering!

Whatever you may be doing today, from my family to yours, have a happy and healthy 4th of July!!

No comments: