Thursday, February 18, 2010

Natural allergy support


Well, it is that time of year again, at least in the desert southwest (where spring begins in Feb, lol), ALLERGY time! Most of the inhabitants of my home are sneezing and have runny noses, not related to illness. But, what we found out last year was the immune activation in the form of allergies can encourage illnesses to take hold, or even yeast flares. A couple of years ago, what started out as an allergy attack for me ended up as a full blown cold. And we noticed my son's yeast levels flare up when his allergies did too. Why? I think of this as the "mom's on the phone" syndrome. Think of your immune system as mom, the allergies are the phone call she has to take with the kids running amok. The kids represent other viruses, yeast, etc (sorry kids). When mom is distracted by the phone call, the inmates begin to run the asylum. Other issues can get out of hand when the immune system is faced with allergy symptoms. So, controlling allergies may do something other than just provide comfort and relief, it may help you not get sick!

Once I started working conferences for New Beginnings, I got to hear and try other supplements that I probably would not have otherwise. One such product is the A & I support formula which stands for Allergy and Inflammation. I think of this as a natural antihistamine. It has very soothing ingredients like quercitin and vitamin C that can help boost immune function and calm immune response to allergies. I was at a TACA conference when something in the air set my allergies off, itchy throat, nose running, etc. I had some of the chewable A & I out for sampling and I took 2. Within a matter of a few minutes, complete relief!!

So, as I hear my family begin to sneeze, as I see the trees and flowers begin to bloom again, this becomes more of a staple than normal. So if your allergies are driving you nuts, this may be a natural alternative to the prescription or over the counter remedies you may be taking!

Here's the info on A & I:
A & I Formula is a natural, non-drowsy formula designed to provide relief from allergy and cold symptoms and accompanying inflammation. The following primary components are the reason why A & I Formula can provide optimal support to inhibit the release of histamine and to provide overall support to the body’s mucosal membranes that can be affected by seasonal allergies, food allergies, and other environmental assaults on the immune system.

Quercetin - A powerful natural flavonoid with powerful antioxidant, antihistamine and anti-inflammatory properties.

Stinging Nettles Leaf - Stinging Nettles Leaf has been known for its analgesic, anti-inflammatory and overall healing qualities.

Bromelain - A strong pineapple enzyme, bromelain has proven mucolytic properties and it inhibits pro-inflammatory compounds, thus reducing pain and swelling.

N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC) An amino acid that is a natural mucolytic, NAC reduces the viscosity of mucus.

Suggested Dosage: Loading dose: 2 capsules three times daily for 7-10 days. Acute dose: 2-3 capsules as needed. Maintenance dose: 1 or more capsules per day or as suggested by your health care practitioner.

No comments: