Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ibuprofen for use in gut inflammation and.or yeast treatment

Last week there was lots of discussion on the Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) Yahoo group about high dose Ibuprofen for treatment of gut inflammation. One parent posted their treatment protocol from their Defeat Autism Now! (DAN!) doctor. It called for 20 mg/kg of Ibuprofen dosed for 10 days and then off for 20 days. This parent reported lots of success, in addition to use of LDN for immune modulation and reduction of inflammation.

Then yesterday I get another email from another parent giving a link to an abstract with research showing Ibuprofen is actually effective both with and without Diflucan. Evidently it interferes with the integrity of the cell membrane and that alone can lead to the death of the yeast and/or with Diflucan can kill it as well.

I logged on to Autism Action Plan and posted a question to Dr. Woeller about this. He responded this morning and thought this was interesting research and followed up with his own blog, which can be read here. He links to the original study that I sent him so I will not link to that too, you can find it on his blog. This is just his blog, not even what he has on Autism Action Plan. I will say it again, if you are trying to battle Autism and need some additional help from an AWESOME doctor, click the banner at the top of my blog and join Autism Action Plan. The cost is very small in comparison to what you get. I get to ask questions 24/7 and he responds very quickly. I can share research like this on Ibuprofen and then he can take that to the next level by following up in a way I cannot. He has access to other DAN! doctors and lots of other sources. He has so much info on Autism Action Plan and then you add in the twice weekly live chats, that is a lot of information at your fingertips. I brag about how well my son is doing and it is largely due to the guidance we get from Dr. Woeller.

No comments: