Thursday, February 5, 2009

Our Crop!

Sorry for the folks reading my blog through my automatic feed on my Facebook page, this will be old news to you. But, for the people who read just my blog, here is our recent harvest.



Cauliflower growing, you can see the hint of white


And the finished product!


Broccoli plant


Broccoli growing


One harvest
We also grew lettuce and spinach along with some herbs. Anyone can do this, even inside, in pots on a small patio, anywhere. I challenge you all to grow just ONE thing this year. It is a great feeling to know where your food came from and to know it is healthy and nutritious, no pesticides or herbicides. And, that you are eating it while it is still fresh and its nutrients intact!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Terri. It's a wonderful feeling to pick and eat something you have grown. I'm sorry to comment not signed in. I can't remember my password at the moment!
Sherri O.