Sunday, December 28, 2008

Please sign this!

Here is a link to the Organic Consumers Association website. http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/642/petition.jsp?petition_KEY=1783

It is a petition to oppose Tom Vilsack's confirmation as Secretary of Agriculture. From what I have read, this guy is pro GMO (genetically modified) food and pro cloning. Those get two big thumbs down from me. Please read the background on this guy and if you agree, sign the petition. I would sincerely hope President Elect Obama will choose someone who supports sustainable farming and NON GMO crops! GMO food (or cloning for that matter) is not OK for me or my children and I want a Sec. of Agriculture who is not a Monsanto lackey. We need truth in labeling and also a focus on more sustainable farming with real crops, not Franken-food!

No comments: