Friday, October 17, 2008

Krazy for Kombucha

In reading Julie Matthew's book Nourishing Hope, she talks a lot about beneficial food for children on the Autism spectrum and all of us really. At some point in food evolution, we've lost the use of many of the fermented foods that have been used for centuries. These foods are very healing. One such food is Kombucha, really it is a drink. The benefits are staggering. It helps protect against almost every tummy bug out there (e.Coli, Listeria, H. Pylori, Salmonella, etc). It helps with detoxification, the immune system, can help fight cancer, etc. I had to run to Whole Foods yesterday anyways so I picked some up. The kids did drink it!! No fight even!! Read more about it here:

http://healthfulliving.org/recipes/insights/fermented.php

I am not sure if I am industrious enough to try and make it myself but it is pricey, $3+ per bottle (16 ounces). And I am going to start drinking it everyday too. So there is my new favorite. Do some of your own research and give it a try!!

On another note, sorry for the lack of posts. We've started the big painting project last weekend and are still trying to find the time to finish. We have to work around the kids so it is taking longer than hoped since we have to wait until they are asleep to get working. We are having the outside of the house painted Monday and then I leave for the DAN! Conference on Thursday and will be gone until Monday. Plus with it being Fall Break I am just trying to keep the kids from going crazy by setting up playdates, and of course all of Matthew's therapies. Today is our super busy day with speech and then hab preschool. So, I may be even more sporadic on posts than usual because of the increased activity. We still need to hit the pumpkin patch tomorrow since I will be gone next weekend. How can it be October already?? I hope YOUR fall is going well.

No comments: