Monday, September 1, 2008

"Didn't mean to..."

With all of the changes going on in Matthew, we hear so many new concepts from him. Recently he's been doing something a little funny and yet a little annoying at the same time. His new phrase when he whacks someone, bumps them, runs over their toes with his bike (like he JUST did to Eric) or even recently when he DID intentionally push Emma, he says automatically "Didn't mean to" as if that is the cure all. And he says it like a teenager, as if what he really means is "Didn't mean to so get over it, buh byeeee.....". We both did a double take the first time he came out with this phrase. And now I am wondering if the age of duplicity has begun to set in. Prior to this, if Emma was crying and saying Matthew pushed her and I asked him he would immediate 'fess up to it. Now I think we will be hearing a lot more of "Didn't mean to...." in the house. And, I can't help but wonder where it came from. But it is another new concept and I can appreciate it on that level. I wonder what new things we will hear today.....

No comments: